Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cookie Monday | Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies


I know, I know.

Cookie Monday on a Tuesday... shame, shame.

I know. I know... I promise, I'll work on it. But if the guys in the shop don't complain... well... these cookies are worth the wait. I swear.

These are Red Velvet Cheesecake cookies. When I first saw this recipe, from Two Peas and Their Pod, I thought, "no way."

No, really, no way. Cheesecake-filled cookies? Wow. My two favorite desserts... in one... imagine the applications, the implications. This is like my cookie kryptonite. My cookitonite. Seriously. These might be a problem.

Anyways, make these giant, delicious orbs of red velvety goodness. I promise you will enjoy every cheesecakey, wonderful bite. And before you scoff at the filling part, it's not as hard as you think. Really, just mix, freeze, and squish into giant yummy cookie balls. Super easy and so delicious you'll want to eat every single giant tasty cookie.

Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies
Slightly adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod's original recipe, here.
Yield | 10 giant cookies
Prep Time | 10 minutes
Cook Time | 11-13 minutes

______________________________________________________________________

Ingredients:

Cookie Dough
1 package red velvet cake mix (I know, totally cheating, but I promise... no one will be able to tell! I used Duncan Hines, so good)
2 tablespoons flour
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cheesecake Filling
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For white chocolate icing, see my White Chocolate Ganache recipe.

Mix all ingredients for dough together. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.

While dough is chilling, prepare your cheesecake filling. Mix all filling ingredients together. Scoop into tablespoon-sized balls and place on wax paper. Chill for at least 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Take roughly 1/4 cup cookie dough and wrap it around 1 scoop of cheesecake filling. Make sure it completely covers the filling so nothing leaks out. Place 3 cookies on a baking sheet (trust me, the original poster is correct, they really do expand) and bake for 11-13 minutes.

Let cool and frost with your icing. Eat. Enjoy. SO. GOOD.


Be honest. Really, could you resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment