Monday, April 16, 2012

Cookie Monday | Double Chocolatey Goodness

Oh, cookies.

If there's anything I love (nearly) as much as bacon, it's cookies. I love cookies. All shapes, all sizes, they're all delicious.

In our house, surprisingly, sweets don't go that fast - with the exception of the boyfriend's favorites, like cobbers. So I send a lot of baked goods with the boyfriend for work. A garage full of men can definitely find a home for our uneaten goodies.

The first time I made these cookies, they broke the mold. Not only were they all eaten, but I made a second batch the next day, and another a week later.

And now I'm revisiting them.

Try them. They're amazing. Fantastic, even. Be warned, however: you'll never look at cookies the same way again. It's just not possible.


Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Yield | 12 cookies
Prep Time | 5 minutes, plus 15 minutes to chill
Bake Time | 10-12 minutes

______________________________________________________________________


Ingredients:

1 box dark chocolate brownie mix (I like Duncan Hines)
1 cup flour
1 large egg
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup powdered sugar

Ignore the butter. I was thinking of frosting them, but they are so good without it!
Mix the brownie mix, flour, egg, water, and oil together. Add chocolate chips. Pour powdered sugar in a separate dish and set off to the side. Chill for 15 minutes.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop out tablespoon-sized balls of dough. Roll in powdered sugar.


Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Ooey, gooey, and cracked is the best way! Sooo good.
I've tried these cookies so many ways and the dark chocolate mix is by far my favorite. Some of the flavored ones, like the peanut butter or mocha brownies, don't seem to have the same rich, chocolatey taste after the flour is added. Instead, I use the dark chocolate and vary my mix-ins. Dark chocolate with dark chocolate chips and coconut is fantastic!

Oh yes. They're that good.

Next time: Cheesy Bacon & Mushroom Chicken... a truly man-approved meal. Bacon, mushrooms, red onions and chicken with a tangy Cajun and honey mustard marinade.

Follow me on Pinterest! Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. The secret to getting these just right, by the way, is waiting for them to start to crack, right about 8-10 minutes... then pull from the oven! They'll bake up a little more while the pan cools :)

    ReplyDelete