Monday, May 21, 2012

Starters | Cajun Spinach & Artichoke Dip

Back when I first moved to Raleigh, I met a friend at a bar for a drink, where they had the absolute most amazing spinach and artichoke dip. A little spicy, with nice cool tomatoes on top and toasty pita bread.

While I've completely forgotten the name of the restaurant 400 times over, I will never forget that spinach and artichoke dip.

So that began my search. I tried recipe after recipe for homemade spinach and artichoke dip - I love this one from Food Network's Alton Brown - but a few months ago, a party popped up and smacked me in the face. I completely forgot. Five minutes at the store and a few dollars later, this quick and easy spinach and artichoke dip was born.

Cajun Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Yield | 1 batch
Prep Time | 5 minutes
Cook Time | 10 minutes

______________________________________________________________________

Cheese and tomatoes not pictured... I totally spaced!
1 jar spinach and artichoke dip (I'm in love with Harris Teeter store brand just about anything)
1 package cream cheese, softened (I like reduced fat, less greasy)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, plus some to top
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, plus some to top
Diced tomatoes for garnish


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour jar of dip into a mixing bowl. Add cream cheese, mayo, parmesan, and seasoning. Mix well.

Top with parmesan cheese and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Bake for 10 minutes. Top with diced tomatoes and serve (not pictured on mine, spaced on even buying tomato! But it's just fine without it!). I LOVE this tip with hot pita bread, but tortilla chips, pretzels, and toasted bread are all fantastic.


So creamy, cheesy, delicious, and quick. Just wait until you try it!

Coming soon... Dark Chocolate Coconut Cookies, Pasta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette, and Bacon Buffalo Bleu Pizza!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment